This stories this week include Google IO 2015 codelabs, a great series on being a better Android developer, Jenkins tutorial and more.
- Google IO 2015 Codelabs : Google IO is over but what remains is the videos, presentations and most importantly codelabs on a variety of Google Tech that you can try out today at your own pace. I found a few of them very useful to understand what is going on. And in case you are looking at short summaries of several sessions of Google IO, look no further than these sketchnotes – they are excellent.
- Coursera – free no more? : If this article is indeed the case across Coursera, then it means that the model is facing challenges not just in terms of organizations accepting this but also universities making a decision and/or Coursera not finding this tenable. I still think the MOOC model is doing fine and expect it to grow stronger.
- Running Python in a browser: Yes – this is indeed awesome. You don’t really need a sophisticated mobile app for many things and this model is actually enough. Though I am pretty sure it is not sexy enough for most people to latch onto it.
- Developing for Android : A great series (more episodes will come up – so bookmark this one!) on Android programming details. It is not really about teaching you Java or Android, it is about making you right Android apps that perform well.
- Jenkins Tutorial : A tutorial on the leading open-source CI Server.
- Role of a Senior Developer : A pragmatic description of what a Senior Developer is, should be and what he/she brings to the table.