In the last month, I have presented on Android Wear on two Google Developer hosted events in India. Android Wear is a popular topic among developers and any talk on this topic brings up curious minds wanting to harness what wearable technology can bring to the table.
- Google Developer Group Mumbai : This event was held on 12th October 2014 at IIT Bombay. I covered a 2 hour session that introduced participants to Android Wear and how to get started on Android Wear Development. More than 120+ participants were present at this event. This session was followed up by a session on Material Design by Faiz Malkani. Check out some pics from the event.
- Google Developer Group Indore : This event was held on 1st November 2014 (as part of 2-day Devfest Indore) and we had a full day event dedicated to Android Wear. The event had a introduction to Android Wear in the morning following by a Code Lab and a Design Sprint on Android Wear. More than 60+ participants were present for this event.
Android Wear – Presentations, Code – everything for you If you are looking at conducting similar Android Wear events, I have put up the entire material on Github. Feel free to use the material. The material includes:
- Presentation Deck on Android Wear Introduction
- Code Lab PDF and 3 sample Android Wear projects to try out
In addition to the above, do check out official documentation from Google:
I have also created other presentations / blog posts that could be useful to you:
- Introduction to Android Wear (No code)
- Casting your Android Wear screen to all
- Quick Tip : Setting up an Android Wear Emulator
Hope you find it useful. If you have any questions – reach out to me.