Here are the 10 Tech Stories for the week:
- Not Ready For Primetime: A short and to the point article that clearly tells developers to consider investing their time into technologies that are generally not mentioned as being ready for primetime. A case in point : HTML5.
- Experience with TypeScript: TypeScript the new language from Microsoft is beginning to see some initial data around its usage. This article gives great insight into what the experience has been with it. I don’t know why but I love the TypeScript syntax.
- The Rise and Rise of Online Learning Sites: An article that looks into how Online Courses are clearly threatening that cosy seats that traditional universities had occupied till late. I feel the “Smart” universities do not see this as a threat but a great way to extend their reach. If there ever was a definition of “Right to Education”, this is it. There is no better time than now, if you like to learn.
- Free Software: Sahil Parikh makes a very important point about why we should pay for quality software. I think as software developers, we must look inwards and support the ecosystem that we are part of.
- Gamification: What it is and why it matters !
- The Solution To Technical Debt: Are you proud of the code you have written? Or are you glossing over badly written code, just because it works? This is a great article and a must read for software teams.
- Software Engineering Culture: Pamela Fox gives us a great insight into what makes a solid Software Engineering Culture in your team / company.
- CloudFoundry and IBM: IBM goes with CloudFoundry for PaaS. This could have some effects for a lot of firms with IBM stuff.
- ” This Is How We Built It ” – Case Studies: Smashing Magazine presents a number of case studies in which the Web Design team explains how they went about a certain task.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.