Here are the 10 Tech Stories for the week:
- Rise of the Citizen Developer: A report on the kind of skills that recruiters are typically looking for in the IT space.
- Firefox OS : Firefox plans to reinvent the Mobile OS and the App Store. But will it succeed ? I want it to.
- Dropbox as a default storage: Using storage in your apps is likely to see a fundamental change. Currently online storage is targeted at consumers but increasing number of apps are using it as a first class citizen when it comes to persistence.
- Writing a Google Chrome Extension: A good tutorial on how to write one.
- Caching Strategies: Caching is often touted as the first thing to look for when trying to scale and improve performance.
- Do Things That Don’t Scale: A great essay that is full of pragmatic advice.
- We are Down : Apple Developer Portal is now shut for 4-5 days. Something must be seriously wrong but I am sure Apple has enough resources to get this right. Just goes to show that no one is secure and hopefully they will share the learning with all.
- Require JS: One of the better threads that I found which explains why we need tools like Require JS.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.