Here are the 10 stories for this week:
- How Eurovision supports 125 million viewers: Check out what goes on behind the scenes from a technical view, one of the most watched non-sporting TV events in the world.
- Android Barcode Reader: Check out how to write a simple Barcode reader in Android. It uses the ZXing barcode library.
- GPU Power: An interesting article on why the Google thinks that the GPU is the best tool for the internet of tomorrow.
- 5 Cool Healthcare Apps: Healthcare and mobility is a hot topic. Check out some cool apps.
- Responsive Website Test : Check out how responsive your website is via this handy tool that lets you check out any web url and see it across common device sizes.
- Git Data Publishing: Git is being used for different things that it was originally intended to. How about using it for open data publishing as this article suggests.
- How To Securely save a password: An article that gives you the mechanism to do so. Agree?
- Secure your REST API: StormPath shares it experience of securing those public endpoints.
- XBox One and Azure: The release of XBox One shows the deep integration that it has with Azure, the IaaS from Microsoft. Recently Google released Play Services that allows game developers to save game data (scores, leaderboards, achievements) in the cloud. Looks like the big players are going after mBaaS (Mobile Backend As A Service) and for good reason.
- Short History of Big Data: Big Data is not a recent phenomenon.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.