Here are the 10 stories for this week:
- Load Testing with jMeter: If you are still looking out for how to load test your REST Web Services, get started with jMeter. This is one tool that has stood the test of time, is simple and it works.
- APIs – What to expect in 2013: Apigee describes their vision of how the API World is going to turn out.
- Distributed Systems for Young Bloods: A great post for anyone trying to understand what distributed systems are all about.
- Remy Sharp on CORS: CORS is not just about XHR. An article that expands on that and gives us some valuable insights.
- What is IaaS?: A good introduction on what IaaS is, major players, benefits and more importantly, what it is not.
- 5 Things CIOs Must Do This Year: Nick Hamm provides some solid points on what CIOs should concentrate on this year vis-a-vis the Cloud. I believe this article is good for everyone of us that are in the cloud space. The Cloud is here to stay and whether you are a CIO or not, these points are right on target.
- The Past & Future of Open Computing: Tim O’Reilly’s keynote from the Open Compute Platform Summit. Open Source has changed our lives and the presentation sweeps across its timeline and presents its future.
- AWS Technical Guides: If you are into Amazon Web Services, this comprehensive list presents the white papers/guides published in 2012. A great collection.
- Websites and Malware: An article from DeveloperWorks that shows various ways in which your website can get affected with malware and what you should do about it. This is important reading for any public facing web site.
- Web Development Checklist: A great collection of things that you need to check off against while doing web development. This collection is so great that you can actually tick off things as you complete and even get refrence links, in case you need more information on any item. You will thank me for this list. Actually thank the author of this list.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.