Wishing everyone a Happy New Year 2013.
After a 2-week break, 10 Tech Stories are back and here are the 10 stories for this week:
- An iPhone Lover’s confession: A detailed article on why an iPhone lover switched over to Nexus 4, an Android device. The article goes into great details.
- Getting Kids into programming: If you have been looking at ways to get your kid interested in programming, you would have faced challenges in terms of how and what tools/languages to use, so that the kid does not get overwhelmed and still finds it interesting. Pamela Fox has collected a great set of links that can be your starting point to figure out what is the best way forward.
- Android ListView with Speech Bubble: A simple and concise article on how to create those Speech bubbles that many messaging applications have, in your Android application.
- Annual API Survey: ProgrammableWeb undertook a community API survey and the results throw good light on the current state of the API industry. Complete and Accurate documentation continues to be the most important factor while using an API for developers.
- Open To Learn: A great message for the software developer in us to continue to keep an open mind and be ready to learn new things in the year 2013.
- 4 Hard Questions for Enterprise Developers: A solid article that reminds developers that what are the key things they should be looking to do, given the fact that the software industry is continuously changing.
- How to make your site look half decent: If you are not a designer like me, this article is a must read to get some elements of your design right.
- Programmer’s Guide to Big Data: A summary of 12 tools that programmers can use to analyse big data.
- basket.js: A simple (proof-of-concept) script loader that caches scripts with localStorage.
- Future of Digital : A presentation on where we have come from, where we are today and what holds out for us in the future. Warning: 137 slide presentation.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.