Here are the 10 Tech Stories to read this week.
- The Rise of Android: A nice infographic that depicts the rise of Android from where it was to what it is today.
- Indexed DB API: The fact that Web SQL was deprecated by HTML5 makes it all the more important that you pick up IndexedDB, the alternative to that but which mixes the world of SQL and Map based structures.
- Faster websites: A presentation from Github on how to make your websites faster.
- Building a Location based app with HTML5: A two part tutorial on building a mobile location-based application. Part 1 and Part 2.
- MongoDB Tutorials: Still looking to learn MongoDB? Make 2013 the year to learn it. Check out the link from DeveloperWorks that aggregates various tutorials and articles on MongoDB.
- What is a Project Failure? : A thought provoking article that says that everything you have read about Project failure is wrong.
- LoginRadius: Need to add a Social Network Login to your web application. LoginRadius might be a great fit for you. Used by 1000’s of customers.
- Think First, Code Later: If you have worked as a developer on any software project, then this story is familiar. All of us have been guilty of this at some point or the other. The article mentions a few approaches to still retain your sanity and most important of all, your enthusiasm for development.
- Github System Status API: Does your work depend on knowing if Github is up or down? There is now an API for Github Status that you can integrate into any application.
- Google Now update: The Android app sees some serious updates. Features include helping you travel and when you reach your destination, events and neighbourhood data. Might be a good companion to that Lonely Planet guidebook that you carry along. The only problem, it is not yet working internationally.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.