Here are the 10 Tech Stories to read this week.
- First few milliseconds of HTTPs: A technical articles that goes into the gory details of a HTTPs request. Check it out only if you want to freak out.
- Create files on Github: You can now create files on Github directly. Check it out.
- History of SMS: Did you know about the history of SMS, something that we take for granted now.
- Firefox Messenger: How Facebook helped Mozilla build out the Messenger in Firefox.
- 8 Principles of Building Products that People Want: Mike Kriegers of Instagram lists down the principles for building out successful products.
- Continuous Integration (CI) at LinkedIn: A great post on how LinkedIn is using CI for its mobile applications. They are able to catch issues in QA within 5 minutes of the check in.
- Who takes home the moolah? : In an interesting statistic, more than 50% of the revenue in the Mobile App Stores is being earned by the top 25 Developers. Does that mean we should not develop Apps? I do not think so. The 50% pie is still huge and is only growing. In fact, this study does not take into consideration the opportunities for Developers to write non-marketplace applications for e.g. Enterprise mobility.
- Better Maps in your Android apps: Google Maps for Android has been updated with goodies, both from functionality and ease of development.
- Scalable searching with ElasticSearch: Need to develop search functionality in your application? Take a look.
- 6 Reasons why APIs are reshaping your business: A superb presentation on APIs. Essential Reading.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.