Here are the 10 Tech Stories to read this week:
- Wireframing Mobile Apps: Before you embark on any mobile development, it is important to adopt the practice of wireframing and getting the usability/features reviewed before you get down to coding. The article discusses 3 reasons why you should do it.
- Google Maps API Course: The online Google Academy has some excellent courses on learning more about the Maps API.
- Java Enum Example: An interesting way to use Enums, take a look.
- World of Data: Two excellent articles on why the world of data is breaking about fundamental changes.
- Time Zone functionality in Google Maps API: Now you can invoke the TimeZone API to get information on time offset in any particular location. Very useful when arranging for meeting/events across geographies.
- HTML5 Game Development Course: Interesting in learning how to write your next game using HTML5. Enroll in this Udacity course, taught by top Google Devs. The course kicks off in 2013, which might be just about enough time for you to pickup some basics on HTML5 before you get into the game development.
- FullContact API Documentation: API Documentation is by and large considered to be one of the key areas that developers expect when they want to get going with your API. There are some excellent examples of API documentation available on the web. And this one from FullContact has definitely pushed the envelope here with their flowchart. Simply superb.
- JSON Command Line Utility: Now you can slice,dice,transform and do much more with your JSON data via this command line utility. The author calls it the sed for JSON data.
- Backward compatibility: A short blog post on tackling backward compatibility in Android. Suprisingly both the methods were documented in 2009.
- Windows 8 Tablet wave coming: Vendors have readied a long list of Tablets/hybrids that run the latest OS from Microsoft. Consumers are going to be spoiled for choices or should I add confused by choices. I suspect they might go and just buy an Apple device instead.
Blogs have changed the way to disseminate and consume information. If you are yet to get blogging, here are some good reasonswhy you should.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.