Here are the 10 Tech Stories to read this week:
- Android maintains European domination: A report that shows that Android is firmly entrenched in Europe and will continue to increase its market share.
- HTML5 Blob Objects: Did you know that you could handle Blob objects directly in your browser apps using HTML5. Take a look.
- Fork and Join in Java: Get the full rundown on Fork and Join framework in Java.
- Going offline with HTML5: Offline web applications are the key to ensuring that browser applications are able to compete on key features with native mobile apps. This is an excellent in-depth article that discusses how HTML5 brings offline capabilities to browser apps and detailed explanation with working example of ApplicationCache.
- Writing a jQuery Plugin: Ever wondered how to write a jQuery plugin. Try this tutorial.
- Writing a Chrome Extension: We covered how to write a jQuery plugin above. Now its time to learn how to write your first Chrome Extension.
- HTML5 in Trouble in mobile-land?: A good article that states quite clearly the challenges that lie ahead for HTML5 if we are to deliver on the promise of one code base and serving on multiple platforms.
- HashMap vs ConcurrentHashMap in Java: This is a popular interview question during a Java interview but one that should be understood by all Java developers.
- Tips for Android Tabs: Dealing with tabs in Android applications. Take a look at this article that shows some the best practices, user design paradigms using Tabs.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.