Here are the 10 Tech Stories to read for this week:
- What is SPDY? :Heard about a protocol that aims to make the web experience faster? If not, take a look at SPDY that Google is betting on big and has incorporated it in some of their products.
- The Pain of HTML5 : While HTML5 is being touted as the solution to cross-platform nirvana, there are some areas that could end up tripping you. This article discusses some of them like varied support across browsers, offline storage options, Web Workers and so on. The article is not really a diatribe against HTML5 but just some things that you must consider.
- The Trello Tech Stack : The application stack is getting different by the day. Just take a look at the Trello Tech Stack. The bigger message in all these alternate architectures for me is that one will need to be a polyglot programmer in the future (maybe even now!) and should have the tenacity to learn, unlearn and learn again.
- 1 year at Mozilla : What does a tech envangelist do? Well, if you ask most people they would say that they get to travel a lot and have loads of fun. You cannot be farther from the truth. It is a lot of hard work.
- Minimum Viable Product: This article attempts to answer the question that most startup enterpreneurs grapple with “When are we going to ship our first release?”. It answers the question with a set of product features that it claims can form your minimum feature set.
- Design beautiful REST and JSON APIs : Is there a thing like API design or is it all about just putting up a simple HTTP request with a bunch of parameters to invoke. In my opinion, you need to use the HTTP verbs very well. And developers are being exposed to some well designed APIs already, so the onus is on you that when you release your REST API to the world, it should follow some best practices.
- What makes a great open API: A nice presentation from John Musser at Oscon 2012.
- Git Ready: A collection of articles on different features of Git, nicely categorized by the expertise level. Thank you to @kapasimoiz for the link.
- Reveal.js : An excellent HTML5 Presentation tool. If you are tired of Power point and want to go down the browser route for your next presentation, give this one a try.
- JS Bin: A fantastic tool for sharing, education and real time rendering.
Have a great week !
Check out the entire series of “10 Tech Stories To Read This Week”.